#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } pebbles&shoots: It's a Poem

31 January 2012

It's a Poem

In lieu of a new post, I thought I would share one of my London poems with you. We have to turn in a new poem every other week for my Romantic Poets class which seemed slightly daunting at first, but it's been alright so far. Our second poem is supposed to reference the moon, but it turns out the moon is pretty difficult to see here, hence the poem that follows:

Moon

It must be there
It cannot go
Its nature is tethered
Constant

Trapped in a sparkling web
Stolen light
and borrowed journey
The oldest patterns we know

Lost?

Maybe it’s me
I’m gone
This town is bigger than the sky
and I’m swept away in faces

My patterns waver
Untraceable and unrecognizable
No safety in numbers
Just obscurity


If I can’t find you
Amidst your ancient, weathered course
and symphonic beckoning
Barricaded by the city walls

How will I ever find me?

No comments:

Post a Comment